“The companies also change the world”
Fully aware of the crucial role that businesses play in society’s well-being, we are committed to increase the positive impact PONS Patentes y Marcas can have by improving the quality of life in our competitive environment and our duty to achieve a sustainable development, be environmentally friendly and create equal opportunities.
PONS Patentes y Marcas Internacional integrates social concerns in our management model by always seeking our clients’ satisfaction while promoting reconciliation of work and family life for our staff. We are also proactively developing plans aimed at promoting equal opportunities and diversity in our team.
We are a part of the United Nations Global Compact and independent accrediting agencies have acknowledged us for reducing our environmental footprint and our reconciliation policies.
The PONS Foundation is a non profit organization whose main objective is to develop social interest activities so as to provide a better quality of life for people and have them prosper. It was created in 2005 in order to channel the PONS Patentes y Marcas and the PONS companies’ social concerns. Its activity is based on raising awareness on the importance of the defense and development of industrial and intellectual property in all areas.
What drove the creation of the PONS Foundation and what also happens to be its guiding principle, is that education in values is not something that can be imposed; it is learned, taught, applied and lived.
Some of its main principles are:
- That contributing to the defense of industrial and intellectual property and the promotion of R&D is a matter of public interest and is debated among citizens.
- Promote informational campaigns, trainings, education and awareness on industrial and intellectual property and the rights that flow from them and their need for protection.
- Disseminate all the scientific and technological knowledge so that all the advances are patrimony to us all.
- Sensitize the public, especially businesses, on the importance of R&D for economic and social development.
- Promote and encourage investment in R&D.
- Disclose and publicize new fields of scientific endeavors such as biotechnology.
- Support and encourage public institutions to develop and implement appropriate measures and mechanisms, nationally and internationally, to protect the rights of industrial and intellectual property.