At PONS IP we are passionate about innovation and firmly believe in the development of ideas and new technologies that can penetrate both the market and the society. Thus, we have taken a step further our philosophy of helping our clients to complete the innovation circle, by expanding our services and restructuring them into three interconnected business units. It is this 360° View which enables us to provide a comprehensive service as an intellectual property agency, as a boutique law firm, and now also as an IP consultancy. Our main objective is to support our clients throughout any of the phases of the development of their idea or technology.
What are the three PONS IP business units?
- AGENCY. As we have been doing for the last 70 years, we protect our clients’ innovation through administrative procedures by registering trademarks, patents, designs, domains, and any intellectual property asset. We also support and monitor their assets against infringements by third parties.
- LAW OFFICE. Our Legal Consultancy services are provided by the best lawyers specialized in Entertainment Law with an international profile. This enables us to provide advice and defense in litigations all around the world, not only in issues related to intellectual property but also to Honor and Privacy Rights, Data Protection, New Technologies, and Advertising.
- CONSULTANCY. A comprehensive service, tailored to each company or project, designed to support your business throughout the entire innovation process by providing advice on intellectual property rights. We design strategies aligned with our clients’ interests to identify opportunities, avoid risks and, ultimately, achieve goals.
What value does the Consulting Area add to our management and defense services?
The IP Consultancy area brings together the solutions provided by our Technology Consulting, Legal Consulting, and Technology Transfer departments, thus making our approach more effective when facing the needs of public and private institutions. The following are the main services we offer:
- Patent Scouting. We help create a strong patent portfolio that makes it possible to secure a competitive position in the market and increase the value of the organization.
- IP Strategy. Design of Intellectual Property guidelines that have a direct impact on our clients’ competitiveness. We also implement this strategy in-company through process execution.
- Assessment of trademarks and patents. We identify the baseline economic value for intellectual property intangible assets with the purpose of establishing their value in transfer, licensing, inheritance and acquisition processes, among others.
- Technology Transfer. We work so that the innovations developed both within companies and research centers and organizations reach the market with an added value. To this end, we market Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), explore new technologies, provide advice from the technical, legal and commercial standpoints, and manage technology purchase and sale catalogs, among other services.
- R&D+i contracts and reports. A comprehensive service encompassing advice on intangible asset acquisition, cession and exploitation agreements. We collaborate in the start-up of technology-based companies, helping them comply with regulations concerning the management, protection and exploitation of research results.
- Trade Secret. To protect the confidential information handled by our clients through organizational, legal, physical, and technical measures.
- Horizon 2020. We ensure the correct management and protection of the intellectual property assets in proposals and projects targeting this European financing program. We also participate as partners in consortia contributing with our value added in IP.
- Training. We help our clients create an intellectual property culture within their companies through training sessions.
As you can see, there are many ways in which we can help you make your company more competitive while keeping your intangible assets protected. And all of them have the PONS seal of quality.