In a highly competitive business environment, the strategic management of R&D&I is essential for the success and sustainable growth of companies. One of the key tools for optimising this process and maximising results is the incorporation of Intellectual Property. At PONS IP, we have developed a unique methodology based on our specialised knowledge, enabling companies to enhance their R&D&I management throughout the full life cycle of their intangible assets.
Benefits of incorporating Intellectual Property:
Integrating Intellectual Property into R&D&I management makes it possible for companies to obtain a number of strategic benefits:
- Identify and anticipate technology trends and business models: Intellectual Property provides valuable information to identify emerging opportunities and technology trends, allowing companies to stay one step ahead in the market.
- Make strategic decisions based on the valuation of technology: Intellectual Property management helps to assess and evaluate technology, projects and the company as a whole, allowing informed and strategic decisions.
- Avoid unprofitable investments: The integration of Intellectual Property in R&D&I management helps to avoid investments with little projection in terms of the market and the protection of rights.
- Boost technology development and transform it into innovation: Intellectual Property promotes technological development by providing a solid legal and protection framework, which allows companies to turn their ideas into tangible innovation.
- Generate traceability and trust for investors and partners: Intellectual Property management provides reliable traceability of intangible assets, which is crucial to create trust among potential investors and partners.
- Establish robust protection barriers in the market: Intellectual Property offers legal tools to establish robust protection barriers, preventing the infringement of rights by third parties and safeguarding the company’s competitive position.
Phases of incorporating Intellectual Property into R&D&I Management:
The effective incorporation of Intellectual Property into R&D&I management involves several key phases:
- Information Phase – Audit and Analysis: During this phase, an exhaustive analysis of the technological context is carried out, identifying opportunities and relevant technological niches. The different technology options available are also analysed.
- Project Development Phase: Creation of the basis for R&D&I Management: In this phase, decision-making is supported by identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the technologies. An effective industrial protection strategy is designed and an exploitation plan for the intangible assets is drawn up. Moreover, the most suitable legal framework for Intellectual Property rights is established.
- Marketing Phase – Valuation of intangible assets: In this phase, an exploitation plan for the results of R&D&I is developed, providing support in its implementation. The technologies developed are assessed, the technological environment is monitored, and the risks associated with the use of technology by third parties are managed. Furthermore, legal and technical assistance in negotiations with third parties is offered to maximise revenue and cost savings.
If you are looking to enhance the management of your R&D&I and make the most of Intellectual Property, do not hesitate to contact PONS IP! Our team of experts will be happy to help you boost your growth, protect your intangible assets and achieve success in a highly competitive market.